1.07.2010

shipwreck

My digital sets and bodypaint final. I really wanted to do so much more with it. I had high hopes for it. I originally wanted a camera move. Animating the fish and kelp along with the water and some debris. An underwater scene is much more difficult than anticipated. There was a lot more I had to think about as I kept working. The type of lighting.. how far down, the debris, the amount of time the ship was under water determines how much corrosion, etc etc. I did all the modeling.. even the plants and fish. Emil was nice enough to let me use his awesome ship model and Tom helped out wiht the comping. Alot of the scene really came together in comp.


1 comment:

Pete Cruz said...

It looks pretty cool. It doesn't seem too far down below the surface. If so, you might want to add a subtle bit of caustic lighting. I'd also think of bluring out the foreground elements a bit, making it look like a focus blur from the camera or something. Just some thoughts :)