6.25.2009

madusa

As a kid I was always intrigued by the woman who had snakes in her hair. Not sure why.. maybe it's because I had terrible bed head when I woke up (still do at times). Maybe I wanted to turn a few kids into stone who would call me names cuz I was small or had a nice sized scar down my chest. Either way.. when I had the chance to sculpt anything I wanted for my final project in ZBrush. I picked Madusa... it was only a matter of time.

There was so much more I wanted to sculpt on this but had to turn it in. No time left. I may keep working on her because I think its a decent start. But still needs A LOT of work. I thank Dillon for helping me out alot on this one.. I had no idea where to even begin with it. So pointing me in the right direction right off the bat was crucial. :) (those of you who know me well know how I am with directions)

Here is the concept piece I found on deviant art site.. I really love it.. even tho my sculpt doesn't look too close to it.. it is what I based everything off of. It was so much harder than I ever imagined to make something look exactly like the concept piece. I do not know the name of the artist.

2D concept peice


my ZBrush sculpture


No comments: